So, this is what I do when I take a break from drawing sexy ladies. People who know me IRL is well aware that I'm a huge food enthusiast. And I love to design menus, plan dinner parties and design dishes and sweets.
These are the visual designs for some macron recipes I came up with on the train. I might not make them until next summer so I drew this to remember the idea
Here's also my idea for the fillings:
1. Cosmopolitan: Butter cream with Cointreau and cranberry purée (and sugar!). Red food colouring. Orange zest for decoration.
2. Mojito: Butter cream with rum, lime zest, chopped fresh mint. Lime curd in the centre. Fresh mint for decoration.
3. Strawberry Daiquiri: Strawberry mousse, finely chopped strawberry pieces, lime juice and rum. Red food colouring. Some non-coloured filling, fresh strawberry slice and fresh lemon balm for decoration.
4. Pina Colada: A mix of butter cream and coconut cream with pineapple purée and rum (might need gelatine to firm up). Dried pineapple crisp and toasted coconut flakes for decoration.
5. Singapore Sling: Butter cream with lime zest, pineapple purée, Cointreau, cherry liqueur and reduced pomegranate syrup. Red food colouring. Pomegranate seeds and candied orange slice for decoration.
6. Sex on the beach: Butter cream with orange zest, cranberry purée, peach purée and finely chopped canned peach. Orange food colouring.
7. Tom Collins: Lemon mousse, a tiny splash of gin, lemon zest and "Pop rocks" or "Space dust". Candied lemon slice for decoration.
8. White Russian: Milk chocolate ganache with Kaluah. Ground coffee beans and white rock sugar for decoration.
9. Appletini: Butter cream with apple purée and apple juice (preferably Granny Smith). Apple jelly in the centre. Green food colouring. Lime zest for decoration.
10. Bloody Mary: I really want to experiment more with this one because it it's hard to make people accept tomato as a dessert but the base is a tomato flavoured custard and sweet tomato compote in the middle made from tomato, sugar, molasses, lemon zest and chilli. Red food colouring. Ground cocoa beans and a thin candied celery slice for decoration.
11. Mai Tai: Butter cream with rum, lime juice, orange zest and Orgeat syrup. Orange food colouring. Maraschino cherry and candied rose petal for decoration.
12. Margarita: Butter cream with lime zest, lime juice and tequila. Sugar on the rim and lime wedge for decoration.
(also, I with there was a "food design" category at dA